The Challenge Mallorca was getting ready for season 2020: We worked on our beloved Land Rover jeeps to get them all fit & inspected for the season, deep-cleaned all our equipment, updated our website and flyers and started planning new activities for this season – but a couple of days ago, a general lock down was declared in Spain due to the Corona virus.
We do our best to stop the spread of the virus, so we safely stay put inside, minimize social contact and keep on preparing the season from our home office. We want you to know that we still hope as much as you to see you soon in Mallorca, but for now, it’s important that everyone stays safe (and positive!) and we fight this all together. So let’s start the Stay At Home Challenge!
True to the saying “When life gets harder, challenge yourself to be stronger!”, we challenge you to stay at home and comply with your country’s official measures for the crisis, so we can minimize the spread of the virus and protect the lives of the ones we love.
What about my holiday in Mallorca?
We try to be realistic, but also think as positive. Spain is under lock down until end of March and possibly until after Easter (if you didn’t know, this is one of the most popular holiday in Spain and celebrated excessively, so in order to stop the spread of the virus, the lock down will probably prolonged until after the holiday). Our most positive guess is that in May / June, we’ll be able to welcome the first travelers again. We hope as much as you to see you back on our beautiful island! Whenever you come back, be sure we’re here to take you on The Challenge Mallorca – the best way to explore a pretty unknown yet stunningly beautiful part of the island.
How do I survive the Stay At Home Challenge?
Well, we’ve got some ideas:
- Post a photo of the hardest part of your Stay At Home Challenge in Instagram and tag us
- Think about the cliff jumping move you want to pull when you join us (especially face expressions!)
- Plan the perfect day for your next holidays in Mallorca (we’ll be publishing some tips on sights soon!)
- If you want to be on holiday but can’t due to lock down, just spend a day of holidays at home – put on your bikini, snorkel in the bathtub, go shopping in your own closet and match new outfits as if you have all the time in the world
- Treat your flatmates to an indoor picnic
- Let us know what tour you’d love to join (besides The Challenge Mallorca, of course!) on your next Mallorca holiday – maybe we can whip something up for you?
So long, dear accomplished & future Challengers!